Effective Date: October 1, 2022
We collect information from and about you.
- We collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of Personal Information about you. “Personal Information” means any information that may be used to identify, describe, or be reasonably linked to an individual or household. We may ask you to provide Personal Information that will enable us to enhance your use of the Service, for purposes such as facilitating correspondence with you or to complete transactions. It is always your choice whether or not to provide that Personal Information. If you choose not to provide requested Personal Information, you may not be able to use certain features of the Service.
- We collect information you submit. We may collect information when you contact us or submit an inquiry.
- We collect other information. If you use our site, we may collect information about the browser you’re using. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us. We collect this information using the tracking tools described below. To control those tools, please read the section entitled “You have certain choices about how we use your information” below.
- We have grouped together the following categories of Personal Information as examples of the types of information we collect about you:
- Identity Information, including your name, birthdate, age, social security number and any of the following pieces of information related to your spouse.
- Biographical Information, including level of education, marital status, gender and military service history.
- Contact Information, including your home or other physical address, email address, and phone number.
- Financial Information, including your credit information and payment card details.
- Technical Information. We may collect and use technical data and related information—including but not limited to technical information about your device(s), system and application software, and peripherals—that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, product support, and other services to you (if any) related to the Service. This information is referred to herein as Technical Information. We may also automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, which could include your IP address, cookie information, browser information, and the page you request. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. If you wish to disable the storage of cookies on your device, you may do so using the settings on your browser or device. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our websites. For more information on deleting or controlling cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org.
- You also acknowledge and agree that we may collect location-based data from you through the Service (What-If owns this information).
We collect information in different ways.
- We collect information directly from you. For example, we may collect information when you contact us or submit an inquiry.
- We collect information from you passively. We use tracking tools such as browser cookies and web beacons. We collect information about users over time when you use this site. We may have third parties collect personal information this way. Learn more about these tools and how you can control them in the section entitled “You have certain choices about how we use your information” below.
- We collect Personal Information from publicly availably sources, including from public registers.
- We get information about you from third parties. Our business partners may give us information about you. Social media platforms may also give us information about you.
- We combine information. For example, we may combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online. Or we may combine information we get from a third party with information we already have.
We use information as disclosed and described here.
- We use information to respond to requests or questions. We may use information to respond to your inquiry or feedback.
- We use information to improve our products and services. We may use information to make our site better.
- We use information for security purposes. We may use your information to protect our company and our sites. We may also use information to protect our customers or clients.
- We use information to communicate with you. We may contact you about your feedback. We might also contact you about this Policy.
- We may use information as otherwise permitted by law or as we may notify you. We will get your consent as required by law.
We may share information with third parties.
- We may share information within our family of companies. This may include DAS Group LLC and its affiliated companies.
- We will share information with third parties that perform services on our behalf. For example, we may share information with the companies that provide our email services.
- You can contact us if you want to learn more about how our service providers use your information.
- We may share information with our business partners. We may share information with third parties that collaborate on projects with us.
- We will share information if we think we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves. For example, we may share information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may share it if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We may share your information with the U.S. government. We might share information when we are investigating potential fraud.
- We may share information with any successor to all or part of our business. For example, if part of our business was sold, we may give our customer list as part of that transaction.
- We may share information for other reasons we may describe to you at the time of collection.
- Some insurance carriers, agents and other insurance professionals (collectively, “Insurance Professionals”), may “soft pull” your credit when requesting initial quotes through the Service, but this alone does not negatively impact your credit.
- If our organization goes through a giant transition like bankruptcy or a merger, we might transfer your info.
You have certain choices about how we use your information.
- You can control cookies and tracking tools. Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies or other tracking tools. How you do so depends on the type of tool. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies. Please know that we may use flash cookies on certain sites from time to time.
- Our Do Not Track Policy: Some sites have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a site not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
- Options you select are browser- and device-specific.
These sites are not intended for children.
- Our sites are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 without permission from a parent or guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 13 has given us information, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this Policy. Please mark your inquiries “COPPA Information Request.” Parents, you can learn more about how to protect children’s privacy online here.
We use standard security measures.
- The internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our sites will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the internet. This includes not sharing your passwords.
- We keep personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We also keep information as otherwise required by law.
We store information in the United States.
- If you live outside the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your information to the United States. This site is subject to U.S. laws, which may not afford the same level of protection as those in your country.
We may link to third-party sites or services we don’t control.
- If you click on one of those links, you will be taken to sites we do not control. This Policy does not apply to the privacy practices of those sites. Read the privacy policies of other sites carefully. We are not responsible for these third-party sites.
We may use tools for the purpose of remarketing to you on third-party websites.
- We may also use Remarketing with Google Analytics, which allows us to display ads to you based upon your activities within the Service using cookies and advertising identifiers on your device. You may opt out of certain Google Analytics Advertising Features by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
You may have the right to access, update, and delete your personal information.
Special Notice For California Residents
- If you are a California resident, then you have certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) regarding your Personal Information.
- Access to Personal Information Rights. You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information. This includes your right to request the specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected about you.
- Deletion Request Rights. You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions provided by law.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not deny you goods or services; charge you different prices or rates for goods or services; provide you a different level or quality of goods or services; or suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Feel free to contact us if you have more questions.
- If you have any questions about this Policy, or want to correct or update your information, please email us at email@example.com.
- You can also write to us at:
What-If Collective Co.
8 The Green, Suite B
Dover, DE 19901
Here’s what we will do if there is an update to this Policy.
- From time to time, we may change our privacy practices. We will notify you of any material changes to this Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our site. Please check our site periodically for updates.